Formaldehyde and Formalin are banned substances to be used in Food and Food products as per the Food safety and standards act 2006.
TWO TYPE OF KITS
- FRMSWAB-03: Swabs to detect formaldehyde in solid food.
- FRM-04: Dipstick to detect formaldehyde in liquid food like Drinks.
Detector called FRM-04
The Kit Detects use of formaldehyde in liquid state food products. This kit can detect the presence of formaldehyde there and then, on the spot. Results are within 2 to 8 minutes by change of colour, in the dipstick detector.
FEATURES of FRM-04:-
- Detects rapidly & easily indicating formaldehyde in Liquid Foods, like Drinks.
- Detectors can be used to test water, liquid state food , urine, for presence of Formaldehyde.
- Detectors use selective chemistry that prevents the user from obtaining false positives or false negatives.
- Testing is complete in 3 to 8 minutes per detector.
- Designed for simple use, even by unskilled personnel in field.
- Easy to use, Easy to carry.
- No specific training or education required.
- No Hazardous waste.
- Carefully open the package and take the number of Formaldehyde Detectors out that are needed.
- Liquid samples are used as is. If the sample is food then it is finely minced and mixed well with an equal volume of water.
- Dip the Formaldehyde Detector in the liquid of the sample for FIVE SECONDS and place the detector flat so that ?Side A? is facing up.
- Wait THREE MINUTES then turn the detector over so ?Side B? is visible and compare the color formed to the provided Color Comparison Chart.
- Dimension : 5.5 x 3.75 x 0.1 in
- Weight : 0.16 oz (5 grams)
- Analysis method : Colorimetric
- Shelf Life : 12 Months
- Testing time : 2-8 minutes per Detector
- Storage temperature : 32 to 75 F (0 to 24 C)