Formaldehyde and Formalin are banned substances to be used in Food and Food products as per the Food safety and standards act 2006.
TWO TYPE OF KITS
- FRMSWAB-03: Swabs to detect formaldehyde in solid food.
- FRM-04: Dipstick to detect formaldehyde in liquid food like Drinks.
Detector called FRMSWAB-03
To detects use of formaldehyde in solid food products. This kit can detect the presence of formaldehyde there and
then on the spot. Results are within 1-2 minutes by change of colour on the swab.
- Detectors rapidly & easily indicate formaldehyde on solid food samples.
- The detectors can be used to instantly test fish, shrimp, meats and cheese on site for the presence of Formaldehyde.
- Detectors use selective chemistry that prevents the user from obtaining false positives or false negatives.
- Results in less than one to three minutes.
- Easy to use, Easy to carry.
- No specific training or education required.
- No Hazardous waste.
- Open detector package take out detectors.
- If food sample is moist, swab the surface in several access with the open side of the detector and press it onto the food sample. If the food sample is dry add few drops of clean water to the sample wait 3 minutes then swab the surface as given above.
- Place the detector on flat surface with the ?swab? side facing up and wait one minute.
- Add few drops of provided solution on the opening making sure that the entire surface is wet. Push slightly on detector to ensure welting.
- After one minute turn detector so ?swab? side is facing down.
- Compare colour change with comparison chord to detect presence of formaldehyde.
- Package Dimension:5.5 x 3.75 x 0.1 in
- Weight:0.04 oz (1.5 grams)
- Analysis method:Colorimetric
- Shelf Life:12 Months